Saturday 5 June 2010

Wychwood The First Time

The first impressions you have of Wychwood is what an amazing setting it is, nestling in the rolling Cotswolds with amazing vistas as far as the eye can see So after much anticipation it finally arrived.

First stop was to sign in and get my wrisband with 'press' on it, making me feel absurdly self important and then on into the main event.

There is no doubt this is a festival with a truly lovely vibe, well organised, lots of really good quality food stalls, and bars and stand selling everything you could possibly want. I met up with my friend who is working as a steward and another friend with her husband and two little girls. We spent a lovely hour listening to a mightily impressive set from Justin Currie, ex of Del Amitri, I intend to buy the album, his strong vocals and beautiful tunes perfectly suited the setting. The sound sytem here is truly impressive, loud and clear.

The main event of the evening was the amazing Levellers and they did not disappoint, a barnstorming set that got every one up and dancing including me as I unleashed my inner child and ran & twirled and with my friends girls. They encored with 'its a Beautiful day of course , and the last song of the night was an awesome rendition of 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia'. Listening to that in the warm fading light surrounded by happy smiling dancing people is one of my top musical highlights of this year.

Day Two I am meeting up with fellow bloggers, as well more friends and will take time out to explore The Healing Gardens and Workshops and try to locate the press tent as well. I will be back with Day Two...

No comments:

Post a Comment