Saturday 4 June 2011

Wychwood Day One

The sun rose over the rolling Cotswold hills on Friday morning and stayed there all day giving Wychwood a fabulous first day.

I arrived around about 6.00pm , the first thing that hits you you make your way onto the festival site is the amazing aroma of all the myraid of  catering stalls everything from good honest pies from Bristol based Pieminster, to the tantasling smell of tThai stir fry and Goan curry. More on the food later though, I have volunteered to do a small separate blog on the food for Wychwood...I know its a tough gig!

I met up with some of my fellow bloggers after I had watched a brilliant set from the vibrant and brilliant 3 Daft Monkeys. They played a mixture of crowd pleasers from their new album The Antiquated and the Arcane and they set the tone for the whole festival with people from 3 to 70 dancing around and singing along in the early evening sunshine. They are doing a whole summer of festivals so catch them if you can, you won't be disapointed.

I then moved onto watch two up and coming bands in the BBC Intro Tent, the Voodoo Kings, 4 guys dressed in black playing wicked rockabilly music , followed by the Suit Corps consisting who played a set of smooth funk combined with some dub rhythms aligned with a super cool look. The amazing vocals of singer Bella who can range from jazz diva to funky temptress in the blink of an eye holds it all together, I was impressed.

I finshed my first day bopping along and singing with the crowd in the fading sun to Cornershop. I had forgotten how good they were and they went down a storm.

Well day two beckons with the lure of a fish pedicure, food sampling, a voyage into healing treatments and The Epstein and Eliza Carthy to name but two.......happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment